Mission: To assist in meeting any security requirements associated with contracts, projects or programs that are supported by Mississippi State University.
- ORS was created with the combining of the Facility Security Office, the Sponsored Programs Administration Export Control and International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) responsibilities.
- MSU is a cleared defense contractor or CDC.
- As a CDC, MSU is a participant in the National Industrial Security Program that is administered by the U.S. Department of Defense through the Defense Security Service.
- The National Industrial Security Program Operating Manual, or NISPOM, contains all of the standards by which MSU must abide as CDC and can be found in the Reference section of this website.
- MSU is also required to meet all regulations and rules for export control and ITAR set forth by the U.S. State Department, Department of Commerce and the Department of the Treasury.
ORS is physically located in the HPC2 Building in the Thad Cochran Research, Technology and Economic Development Park, room 110 (this is in the old wing in the basement). Office hours are 0800 – 1700.